Summer Law & English Program
The University of Southern California, Gould School of Law Summer Law & English (SLE) program is a unique course designed for international lawyers, corporate legal counsel, business professionals, government officials, and law students who would like to learn about the U.S. legal system and improve their English ability.
The 2015 Summer Law & English Program will run from July 13 through August 7, 2015.
USC will be hosting the 2015 Special Olympics World Summer Games, which will be a wonderful experience for our university. While campus operations may be impacted from July 17 to August 4, our SLE program schedule, events, and classes will be held as planned.
The SLE program is designed primarily for those who have earned or will soon earn their first law degree (LL.B. or equivalent) outside of the United States and for students of all levels of English fluency. Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the start date of the program to enroll.
- Build a foundation of basic U.S. law in classes taught by USC Law instructors.
- Learn specialized legal vocabulary in Legal English classes taught by ESL instructors from the USC International Academy.
- Improve your English speaking fluency through discussion and analysis of current legal topics and cases.
- Practice writing legal briefs and memos in legal writing sessions.
- Prepare for a graduate law program by practicing exam writing strategies.
- Network with other legal and business professionals from around the globe.
- Gain full access to excellent campus facilities at USC.
- Spend your summer in the dynamic cultural environment of sunny Los Angeles!