Summer Law & English Program
The University of Southern California, Gould School of Law Summer Law & English (SLE) program is a unique course designed for international lawyers, corporate legal counsel, business professionals, government officials, and law students who would like to learn about the American legal system while improving their English ability.
The 2014 Summer Law & English Program will run from July 14, 2014 through August 8, 2014.
The SLE program is designed primarily for those who have earned or will soon earn their first law degree (LL.B. or equivalent) outside of the United States and for students of all levels of English fluency. Applicants must be at least 21 years old at the start date of the program to enroll.
- Build a foundation of basic American law in classes taught by USC Law instructors, including corporate law, government and history, trial advocacy, intellectual property, entertainment law, and many more topics.
- Learn specialized legal vocabulary in Legal English classes taught by ESL instructors from the USC Language Academy.
- Improve your English speaking fluency through discussion and analysis of current legal topics and cases.
- Practice writing legal briefs and memos in legal writing sessions.
- Prepare for an LL.M. program by practicing exam writing strategies.
- Network with other legal and business professionals from around the globe.
- Gain full access to excellent campus facilities at USC.
- Spend your summer in the dynamic cultural environment of sunny Los Angeles!