About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) - JD
USC Gould School of Law
- JURIS DOCTOR (JD) DEGREE
- + CURRICULUM
- CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
- JD DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- CLASS RANK AND GRADING
- CLINICS AND PRACTICUMS
- DUAL DEGREES
- STUDY ABROAD
- DATES AND DEADLINES
- CLASS PROFILE
- + TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- COST OF ATTENDANCE
- COST AND VALUE
- FINANCIAL AID RESOURCES
- FRANK ROTHMAN SCHOLARS
- PUBLIC INTEREST SCHOLARS
- HONORS SCHOLARS
- FIRST GENERATION PROFESSIONALS
- LOAN REPAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LRAP)
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- RECRUITMENT EVENTS
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- + ALTERNATE ADMISSIONS PATHS
- TRANSFER STUDENTS
- VISITING STUDENTS
- HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
- ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
- CONTACT US
Created in 1987, the USC Gould LRAP was one of the first amongst a small group of law schools to create a loan repayment assistance program for JD graduates.
Created to aid in supporting USC Gould JD graduates with the following goals in mind:
- To enable graduates to select their employment without having options precluded due solely to financial difficulty.
- To encourage Law School JD graduates to choose public interest or public service employment.
USC Gould LRAP has remained competitive with its peer schools in providing a generous and comprehensive LRAP. The following are some of the key eligibility requirements:
- Full-time employment as an attorney for a non-profit or government agency (local, state, federal).
- Enroll in [PAYE] income-driven repayment plan for all student loan debt (undergraduate included).
- LRAP enrollment must occur no later than five years post-graduation, and assistance is provided for up to 10 years maximum.
|Income up to $70,000||Income greater than $70,000|
|Receive 100% LRAP assistance||40% calculated contribution for difference greater than $70K|
|Amount of Time in Qualifying Employment||Percentage of LRAP Loan to be Repaid||Percentage of LRAP Loan Forgiven|
|One Year or More; Fewer than Two||80%||20%|
|Two Years or More; Fewer than Three||50%||50%|
|Three Years or More; Fewer than Four||20%||80%|
|Four Years or More||0%||100%|
The LRAP year runs from October 1 to September 30 and a new application for assistance is required annually. You may view the application and guidelines here.
Other resources to help pay off your student loans
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Who Qualifies: Public service workers with Federal Direct Unsubsidized (Stafford), Grad PLUS, or consolidation loans in the Direct Loan program.
- What Could You Get: Full loan forgiveness after 10 years of income sensitive on-time payments.
- More Information
Equal Justice Works (EJW) Student Debt Resources
The EJW Educational Debt Relief program Equal Justice Works is devoted to advocating for student debt relief and spreading the word to make sure those who need relief are taking the right steps to qualify. EJW detailed and user-friendly resources are available to help prospective students, current students and graduates.
Start the online application process.
Take a Tour
Come experience life at USC Gould.
Meet the community of USC Gould.
Request More Information
Download or request a copy of our informative viewbook by postal mail.
Check Application Status
Check your application status online.
Meet your JD student ambassadors.
Admitted Students Portal
Log in to our admitted students portal.
Still have questions? Let us help.